5 x Corny Christmas things in Eindhoven
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas... hysteric lights all over town, building up your nativity stall and finding out Jesus is missing, Mariah Carey on the radio for the 1.000th time, gaining weight, long lines at checkout, being totally broke, getting an ugly pair of reindeer socks and having to put up with that humorless uncle for one whole evening. Happy Holidays!
I'm sort of kidding, sort of. After all of this being SO true, I still kind of enjoy the cohesive feeling we all have. AND I really enjoy the enormous amount of Christmas crap which is sold in stores!
Here is my list of corny Christmas probs and fests around Eindhoven, have yourself a merry little Christmas!
1. My new and awesome phone case - bought at Claire's - Rechtestraat 28 Eindhoven
2. Santa Run - being held on the 18th of December. Put on your running shoes and Christmas hat and run along with a great bunch of other Santas through town. All for a good cause. Encouraging 'Ho Ho Ho's' from the sidelines. Want to join? Click here for more info.
3. Ugly Christmas clothing - to wear to all of the parties on my December party list.
You can buy this sweater at Primark - Vestdijk 2 Eindhoven
4. Xmas Sing-Along - Yes, this is a thing. A gathering for all of you Christmas carol maniacs. You don't have to know the exact words of the songs, they are shown on large screens. Or just drink loads of 'Gluhwein' and sing whatever you think sounds right.
December 20th - Stadswandelpark Eindhoven - www.wimvandoornemuziekkiosk.nl
5. Kitsch Christmas decoration - The Christmas department at Bijenkorf is no longer what it once was, but is still the one place with the coolest kitschy Christmas decoration. I'm the proud owner of all poodle baubles you can find there :) - Piazza 1 Eindhoven